Share your OER
SUNY Community textbooks is a venue for SUNY faculty to share their openly licensed educational material. The work highlighted in this series have a variety of publishers, but are all:
- authored by a SUNY faculty member
- full courses or texts to be used in a college-level course
- original work, or a significant remix or adaptation of another open work.
- licensed with a Creative Commons license, with no ND designation
Are you a SUNY faculty member interested in sharing your work? Here is what we can do for you!
What SUNY OER Services can provide:
- guidance on how to openly license your work for greatest impact
- consultation on file formats for sharing your work
- Share it on the SUNY Open Textbooks website [see conditions below]
What we ask of authors:
- You are a SUNY faculty member
- The work is a full course or textbook to be used in a college-level course
- The work is your original work, and does not contain copyrighted/all rights reserved media
- Your work be licensed with a Creative Commons license, with no ND designation
You provide source files (.docx, .xml, LaTeX)
You provide basic information about the creation of the book such as:
- The level of editing done on the book
- Any subject matter review/peer review the book has undergone
- A brief description of how you used the material in your course
- Any known errors or out of date information (in other words, if you had all the time in the world, how would you improve your book?