We are not currently accepting new proposals for textbooks. Please see our Volunteer page to be involved in the project in other ways.
For current authors:
To review your submission or submit revised manuscript log in to your account through the Author Portal
Textbook Manuscript Guidelines
Complete Author Guidelines can be found here
- Completed manuscripts of approximately 200-300 pages, or 50K -75K words, must be submitted by January 15, 2015 as a Word document (preferred, although other formats such as LaTeX, RTF, HTML, etc. are acceptable), written in English, and should be accessible, engaging, and suitable for use in community college, college or university courses.
- Submissions should include: abstract of approximately 100 words, introduction, and all references cited.
- Citations should be submitted using standards appropriate to the discipline e.g. APA, Chicago Manual of Style, MLA, etc.
- Author should complete & submit with their manuscript an Author Information Sheet.
- Please provide high resolution images for all diagrams, illustrations, and other imagery as standalone files separate from your manuscript. Jpg or png files are acceptable at 300 dpi for black & white and color photographs, 600 dpi for photos that contain labels or text. Image files must be submitted with your manuscript through our website.
- The author must verify and obtain appropriate permissions for any copyrighted work used in the manuscript.
- Author retains copyright and the work is published as an Open SUNY Textbook with a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Terms can be found at: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.
If you have questions, please contact Allison Brown: email@example.com
We have prepared templates to aid authors in creating supplementary materials to accompany textbooks. Use of the templates is not required, but these documents do represent the materials we are able to support & the information we need to develop your materials.
Download ALL templates (zip file)